Monday, November 25, 2013

November 18, 2013 Week 19

Hollly cow that is so sick about Brighton that is how we do it in the jungle baby!!!  

Sounds like everyone had fun last week... on both sides!  Mom and dad leave and go on a vacation and then the kids are left at the house.  That is just all around fun!  I got my patriarchal blessing in OAKEY language.  It was super cool.  Yeah we haven't moved yet, we still have 2 more weeks unfortunately  :(
....ahhhh this week i don't really want to write pero yo nececito 

We went to the Gomez's house for lunch and as always the food was amazing!  After that we went to one of our northern potentials.  And they were home!  We had an awesome lesson with them.  The only problem with them is that they are obsessed  with virgin Mary and they pray to her every night.  But we taught the last lesson and it went really good!  It was kinda cool they prayed at the end and we all stood up and held hands... it was different  but it was really cool.  They are very spiritual they play every night at peoples houses some weird music -- it was a different lesson.

So we had transfers on wed.  and nothing really changed the only thing that happened is that Elder Pierce left and Elder Curry came up hear... It was pretty cool because elder Curry was elder Barrett's trainer.  so we had a lot to relate about.  He is supper funny.. this week not much happened because of the transfer and we are trying to adjust.  But on Wednesday we had our FH class and it went super good.  We also finally had an appointment with Alma-- one of the investigators from the first transfer here!  We went in just going to ask the baptism questions and it went way good.  We were able to figure out the things we need to teach her.  Hermano Gomez bought Alma some stuff for her daughters baby it was really cool.  We also had a lesson with Carmelo and Esther.  We taught the 2nd lesson and it wet really well... EXCEPT that Carmelo also believes in Virgin Mary it is crazy.  

They were all decorated  for Christmas here, it is crazy how fast time is flying!  I figured out this week that I will see you all in 3 Christmas's!! haah that is crazy to think.  

This week was terrible food wise though.  I was completely wrecked -- I lost 10 pounds.  Elder pugmire said that the same thing happened to him... but he doesn't have any weight to loose!!  Oh well I think I am improving, at least I hope because I really want to enjoy some turkey!  

This is going to be a fun transfer though, it is only 5 weeks so it is going to go by really quick.  Sorry this one isn't too long but not  a lot happened this week and I honestly am tired of writing.  Have an awesome week and I will be praying for the Bengals on Friday~!!!  That is still so sick I wish them all the best of luck and well done in working hard for it and go kick some Bingam but that is all.  Happy to hear that grandpa is doing good I have been praying for him...  it is going good hear in the OKC.  It is going so quick though.

ELDER FINLINSON

Elder Finlinson also sent 4 mp3 files of his daily journal from the past week.  These are a few excerpts

"We had mole at the dinner, it starting to grow on me, the first time I had it I was about to puke"

"We had three youth come to our family history class and do indexing, so that was good"

"We cleaned our apartment yesterday--it is super clean"

"Hermano Gomez is the craziest driver, I felt like I died about a couple of time, he is the 78 year old that still goes out with the missionaries"

"We went to the Romolinda's Home....All the kids came out, said, 'Do you want to see our chickens?'... so we go in the back yard and there are seven chickens all tied up and they are all in a big  in a knot, so they can't move, It was terrible...but yeah one of the kids just started chucking them up in the air and they can't fly so they just land on their feet--it was terrible...but they are planning to eat them in a couple of week."

Carmelo and Esther made a commitment to be baptized.  It was weird they had all there Christmas presents wrapped and under the tree--and Carmelo had already opened one of his presents-- these super nice boots.

We went to Rioasco's home, Hermano Riosco wants to go to the temple.  It was cool, we gave him the Preparing to Enter The Temple pamphlet.  

We went to the Oraksons home, we dedicated their home, they want to go to the temple, it was really cool.

I thought Ethan hurt his wrist--come to find out He was just playing a joke on me...he did it with his camera setting--I almost called the mission home when I saw the photo and he said Elder Pugmire was doing treatments to help him....He didn't want me to miss his teasing I guess...



No comments:

Post a Comment