Monday, December 30, 2013

Feliz Navidad 2013


Merry Christmas everyone! 

I had a Pretty big switch up this week. I went from speaking English about 70 percent of the time to speaking English 5 percent hahah.
I guess that is what happens when your Companion is from Mexico and doesn't know much English. 
My new Companion is Elder Guzman, he is From de leon Mexico---yeah we got wrong info-- this is where it gets a little crazy, he is 25 years old!!! hahah he is 7 years older then me! I still don't know why It took him so long to go out on a mission but he sure does know the scriptures!! He showed me a picture of his license and he had crazy hair, it went down to his back!! He also was a bmx biker, he knows a lot of tricks on the bike.  He showed me some pictures of him doing flips and stuff like that!!  He is pretty cool.  

Well not a lot has happend this week,  just trying to make the transition of areas and companions for Elder Guzman.  
But it was pretty funny, last night we were riding back and Elder Guzman was just like "no have air!"  He was talking about how I live in a lower alttitude--I guess that would be a pretty big switchup--not that Mexico is much lower-- but that I don't need as much oxygen.  
He is quite a bit slower on the bike, but that will change because we use our bikes every day!!!  He didn't see some ice and slid out.... he got mad he said that he wanted to throw his bike because that is what he did when he crashed doing bmx.  

This last week was very humbling... we went to dinner with the Family Bentiez and they cooked us some really good food... you can usually see how a family is doing by what they give you to eat.  They asked us a question, "Who is more important Santa Clause, or Jesus".  Well as anyone would say "JESUS!".   They went on to tell us that Santa is coming to their house this year.   You could just see the stress of trying to please their kids on their faces.  Ahhh i am running out of time we are at the libary because the college is closed!!! ahhhhhhhh but this experience was very humbling for me.  And then intensified when I saw Elder Guzman looking for his packages three times, at our missionary Christmas party but he didn't get anything.  (So grateful we sent a stocking and several packages for Elder Guzman, I only wish we had done more!)

ahhhh I want to write more 
BUT LETS JUST BE GRATEFUL FOR WHAT WE HAVE AND GIVE WHAT WE CAN TO HELP OTHERS!!!! 
MUCH LOVE TALK TO YOU SOON
ELDER FINLINSON

No comments:

Post a Comment