Sunday, January 19, 2014

January 13, 2014 Week 27

Holy smokes what is happening.  I leave and then my sister is married (Bethany is engaged, sealing set for June 12)--which is a win for me!!-- I think it was a new pair of skis or a car .... I can't remember (Bethany and Ethan had a bet before Ethan left...looks like Ethan will win the bet, I'm sure Ethan will require Chase to pay up July 2015).  But that is crazy.!!!  Unfortunately I was not prepared for this event in my personal studies in the morning!! But I guess I will have to study more on that one..  It was kinda weird.  

This week was awesome!!  Yesterday at church was  a miracle we had 7 investigators at church it was soo amazing!!!  We had the Ibarra family come to church!!  Unfortunately they were only able to go to the last hour but it was amazing.  After Sunday school we called them to ask if they were still coming.  They answered and said that they were in the parking lot.  Well they were not  there, Hermano said isn't it called the The Church of The Savior..... hahaha they were next door.  We were able to direct them to the one and only true church after that!!  It was funny they rolled up in their white minivan.  They they just piled out of the car, 7 of them it was awesome!!  They were able to make a lot of friends from the members of the ward.  When we finished Hermano said that he loved it. The 2 daughters said that they loved it and that they are going to go ice skating with the young women!!  I realized how really our part is to introduce them to the branch or members.  This little branch looked a little bit fuller this week. 

Oh yeah I also had to translate for the sacrament meeting this week.  It was super hard, it was a high counsel man that hadn't spoken Spanish for a long time so it was really broken-like mine-  but it was really hard to translate and he was quoting a ton of scriptures which is a whole other language!!  But it was fun.  It is cool to see how my Spanish has grown thanks to the gift of lenguas of course!!  and having a comp that doesn't speak much English helps too!!  

We had interviews with President this week and he said that I have been here for awhile... and I was just like haha yeah.  He said that that will probably change soon.  I told him just to keep me in spanish!!  We also went to the food bank this week and it was a good branch building experience!!  I think that we set a record, we were aso able to get a ride from one of our investigators and he loved it too.  

Well sounds like this week was a pretty big change but best of luck with everything!!

much love elder finn





No comments:

Post a Comment