Monday, March 3, 2014

February 27, 2014 Week 33

Well almost 1/6 of the way done with the year!!!  Crazy.  People have started saying that I am close to halfway done!!  I still have 5 more months!!!  But who knows??  It feels like yesterday was Christmas and a week ago was Halloween!!!  

Life here in Purcell has improved... a lot.  Mostly because of the weather!!  It has been awesome here in the 70's... but from we heard it doesn't last that long... we have the tornado's coming in and then after that we have summer............  with some 100 days over 100.  I am not looking forward to that but at least we will be in a car...I guess if i stay in this area.  

We had an interesting conversation with one of the youth in the ward.  We were at a dinner and she talked about how she was the only Mormon in her high school, and how she gets a lot of anti Mormon crap thrown at her!  All of the stuff that she said we have heard, but we are missionaries!!  I guess every year one of the baptist church's in Purcell holds a sleep over thing for all of the high school students and I guess everyone goes there and there is just a ton of anti Mormon doctrine that they talk about!!... yeah pretty week right… I wonder why they don't talk about the catholic church with over 1 billion members, or any other domination...??  I wish that they would invite us over…  I have to say I enjoy answering questions!  and some of the questions that they ask are hilarious...one topic is the trinity that is the frosting on everything!  Not many sects believe in 3 separate beings... we had one guy tell us that we don't believe in John chapter 1... we explained and he said that we were just looking at it far out.... well we told him to turn 20 chapters and read verse 17 "Jesus saith unto her, aTouch me not; for I am not yetbascended to my cFather: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my dFather, and your Father; and to my God, and your God. "  He then said that that one makes him question... we then testified about the book of mormon, but he wouldn't accept one because he said that he didn't want to be influenced by it-- this is a guy that reads the dead sea scrolls...  well we ended up 'accidentally' leaving a book of Mormon on his sofa, haha he is probably going to burn it that is what they do with a lot of them... that is ok he can look back at that one in heaven haha.

We had a cool lesson with a guy last night, we were able to get him to give us his lighter, to go to church and to be baptized...  it was the boldest I have ever been on my lesson, we went straight up to him.  It was a super powerful lesson.  The mission life is awesome nothing is better!!! 

But yeah that is a small about of what really happened this week.  I guess you can hear it all once I get home from my mission.  every week my emails are like movie trailers.... the movie will come out in june 2015 haha but until then!! 
ADIOS
ELDER FINLINSON

(Though Ethan is serving in an English speaking area he continues to work on his Spanish by translating conference talks and conversations in his head, he loves the language and is grateful for the gift.  His companion is Elder Meservy, he is English speaking, from California and entered the mission field in November.  They are in a car, a cheve Malibu, and also riding bikes when needed.  Ethan is grateful for the car.  Thanks for all your love and support for Elder Fin!)




No comments:

Post a Comment