Monday, February 2, 2015

February 2, 2015, Week 82

Howdy Y'all,

This week has been great, it is crazy how fast time is flying by.  

This week we had district meeting on Accountability. 
I looked up the definition of accountable and it is -- required to explain actions and decisions to someone.  
This really made me ponder about us being accountable to our Heavenly Father, while yes we are accountable to our comps, bishops etc. 
I feel when we are truly accountable to the Lord we'll be fully accountable to our fellowman. 
To make myself more accountable to the Lord I am making a goal to say my night prayer right after nightly planing.  
I usually wait until 10:30 to say my prayers and I feel they aren't as meaningful when the temptation to go to bed is so strong!  

In my studies of being accountable I really thought about what we are accountable for in this life.  
Just by being born into this world we are going to be held accountable to the Lord in the final judgement.  
This isn't something that we were forced to do but rather it was our choice.  
But we know that our Heavenly Father will hold us accountable to promises that we make with him....baptism, priesthood, temple, mission, callings. .  
I feel that I just realized what I have done haha and there is no going back, the contract has been signed for life. 
It kinda made me think for a moment...
Why would I hold myself so accountable to the Lord? 
Well I think for me it is the fact the this is the only way that we can return to our Heavenly Father and be with our family forever. 
I then asked myself what wouldn't I do for that? and I couldn't think of anything.  

As Elder Holland described it as 

The Bitter Cup and
the Bloody Baptism
 
"The war is on, and we have conspicuously enlisted. And certainly it is a war worth waging. But we are foolish, fatally foolish, if we believe it will be a casual or convenient thing. We are foolish if we think it will demand nothing of us. Indeed, as the chief figure, the great commander in this struggle, Christ has warned us about treating the new testament of his body and his blood trivially. We are told emphatically not to pilfer and profane, prevaricate and fornicate, satiate ourselves in every indulgence or violation that strikes our fancy and then suppose that we are still “pretty darn good soldiers.” No, not in this army, not in defending the kingdom of God."

This talk is great Y'all should read the whole thing. link: http://speeches.byu.edu/?act=viewitem&id=863

Sorry I need to bounce.. the area is great.  
President is speaking in our ward next week!!

Love Y'all
ELDER FINLINSON

  
  

  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment