Sunday, May 17, 2015

May 5, 2015 Week 95‏

Cinco de Mayo!

What a week!

The reason I am emailing today is because we had a mission tour yesterday.  
Elder Corbridge came to our mission.  It was awesome! 
He also came to reorganize our stake presidency here in the OKC south.  
I actually got to know him pretty well the past weekend. 
He lives really close to us, his children went to Brighton and Albion! 
He is famous to missionaries for his 4th missionary talk.
Elder corbridge really focused on the Atonement of jesus Christ.
He rebuked us for not talking about it as much... if you go through Preach My Gospel you will see it in every lesson!
So that was awesome.

We have had some crazy experiences this week.  
I think the biggest one was that we went to lifechurch.tv this week with some investigators.....
OHHHH MY GOODNESS OUR CHURCH IS SOOO TRUE 
haha.... lets just say the last time I was in an environment like life church was at the Aussie Floyd concert! 
haha It was perfect though because we went on 'baptism Sunday'! 
So they had this big swimming pool blown up in the middle of their church which is really a big warehouse set up like a concert...it was chaos! 
The pastor, his wife and his daughters were all performing the baptisms I will give you the processes of what I could infer on baptism.

WHY?
1.  To feel good
2.  An optional way to show the public your decision to 'follow Christ'

HOW?--a nice 10 step process
1. bring your swim gear (or short shorts for the girls)
2. and a smile
3. find someone to baptize you (it doesn't have to be the pastor...or his wife...or their kids...heck just find someone to dunk you (if you do enough ab ripper you can baptize yourself))
4. enter the water (usually dancing to the beat of some dubstep)
5. get a pre-baptism pump up from the pastor
6. you are then baptized on the count of three (no words are spoken)
7. enjoy the cheer of the crowd!!!!
8. SAVED (really you were saved the week before when you raised your hand and the pastor forgave you...so...huh)
9. enjoy the holy ghost (somehow)
10. ready to return to your Heavenly Father

I have never witnessed anything so hollow. The Great Apostasy really did happen.... I really am grateful for the experience that I had to go to lifechurch.tv this past week. It helped me increase the faith that I have with my Savior and His atoning sacrifice for us. I now have a greater desire to go and help all of those that are trying to apply the Sacrifice of Christ in their lives and just don't know any better. 

I LOVE OKIES haha they are the best people on this planet. And hey if you receive a witness that Life Church is true...STICK to IT! 
That would be the easiest way to become like our Father in Heaven! 
I would just challenge you to read the Bible!

HELP SOMEONE THIS WEEK THAT HAS FALLEN INTO APOSTASY WITHIN THE CHURH OF JESUS CHRIST or OUT OF IT so they can feel the true power or Christ's Atonement!

Oh yeah the investigators that took us to lifechurch.tv are getting married this week then the next week are getting baptized in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints...

Love y'all

ELDER FINLINSON

No comments:

Post a Comment