Monday, June 8, 2015

June 8, 2015 Week 100

Wow!

It has been crazy. I don't even know what to write about first! 
First congratulations Bethany and Chase for the new member of the family.  

(Franklin Wilde Roberts, Born June 4, 2015, 7lbs 11oz  -- born the day before Ethan's birthday!)

I found out in a really weird way.  I got a call from the Webster's saying that they had an announcement to give me... I thought it was just going to be for my birthday but it ended up being for something a lot more important. 
They called and said that I was an uncle.  It took a while to register but it finally did. 
I don't think I will fully comprehend it until I get home.  

But on the note of the Websters.  The girls went to girls camp this past week and had a blast... just as usual there were tears and fights but in the end it ended up great.  The girls bore their testimonies at the end and in it said that they wanted to be members!!! 
They will be baptized on June 20th by brother Webster! 

It is amazing how everything is falling into place with them they are definitely prepared and the Lord has great things in place for them. 
They also bought Frank a toy-- I guess he will get it in a couple of weeks. ha they are amazing!

Another cool thing is going to happen this week.  The Hoffmans (convert family in Purcell) are finally all going to be baptized this week.  Avery the 15 year old, the last of the 5, is going to be baptized this week.

I am sad to leave this wonderful place but nothing could make me happier than to see these 2 families fully commit to follow Christ. 
They are both ready now to prepare to go to the temple and be together forever.  This is what the gospel of jesus Christ is all about.  
I know there are people further down the line that will need my help to make this possible in their lives.  This is true for each of us. 
It really comes down to if we really do love our Savior and what He has done for us.

That is an amazing story* with the 2400 dollars I can faintly remember that at the time.
I would not want that money go anywhere else than the missionary fund, especially to E. 
It will change his life while it changes others. 

I just watched the funeral services for Elder Perry. I think we underestimate the sacrifice of our leaders. I know I have. President gave some awesome insight on this (focused to mission leadership, but it is the same)

"I wonder if we are sometimes too prideful to learn from each other. I occasionally hear statements such as, "I don't like leaders," or I know as much as they do." To me, these statements seem to be prideful and retard growth. We can all learn from each other. Leaders did not volunteer. They have been called. We can all learn from each other and have a responsibility to support each other. Life is much more enjoyable when we compliment each other rather than criticize one another."--pres. Walkenhorst

In our church everyone is called. Called to the nursery, zone leader, trainer, elder quorum president, camp director or the president of the church. We all share one thing in common, we have been called of God to be there. No other church has this. In other churches they are either hired or volunteered. So lets truly and fully love God by sustaining those He calls.

Love you and thanks for the great birthday!

ELDER FINLINSON

To answer your question about my bike--I am going to leave my bike here for a future missionary who can't afford a bike. #supportthereplacements

*abbreviated version of the story of the $2,400 - Yesterday as we made the last payment to Ethan's mission fund, the ward clerk brought to Doug's attention a huge excess in the account. He thought Doug had just paid a whole bunch upfront.  Doug let him know we had been paying by the month, they researched the account and discovered in July 2013 a $2,400 donation was made to Ethan's account we never knew was there.  Doug had no idea who had made the donation, he then came to me in asked me if I knew the person.  I recognized his name and remembered how Ethan met this man for just a few minutes at my Mom and Dad's home a few weeks before he left on his mission.  The man told me he felt impressed he needed to donate to Ethan's fund and asked me to send the name of our ward and bishop.  I honored his request and inspiration but it puzzled me a bit because I knew there were missionaries in much greater need.  Yesterday we were shocked to discover how much had been donated.  The clerk apologized that we never knew about the excess until yesterday but we feel assured The Spirit Knew all along where those sacred funds were most needed.  We feel humbled by the donor's obedience to the impressions of The Spirit. For him it may have been a simple act of obedience but what immeasurable blessings obedience brings! It reminds me of 3 Nephi 13:3, But when thou doest alms let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth..., and also the principle and pattern in Alma 37:6 Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise.  Thanks to all of you for your love and support of our Elder Fin and all the missionaries!

No comments:

Post a Comment