Monday, July 28, 2014

July 28, 2014 Week 55

WOW it hit me this week, it was on 23rd… (Ethan's release date is June 23, 2015)

Someone one asked us how long we have been out, Elder Taggart, bless his heart, said 3 months and then I looked at my watch.... I have 11 months left.  What the heck happened to time ??!!  It is weird because Elder Pugmire was the same way when I was getting trained, he had a year left!  I felt like it would never come, well it has!  

But with that comes such an appreciation for the decision that I had to serve a mission!  I know if I went home right now it would of been worth it-- don't worry.  But anyone who desires change should go on a mission.  That is one of the number one reasons why I decided to go on one.  Seeing the change from missionaries leaving to when they came home was crazy for me to see!  It was easy to see that they were happier after the mission than before!  That was probably the biggest testimony for me to go on a mission.  I wanted to change and the mission seemed like the best way to do it!  There is also the service aspect of it! I loved service in young men's!  So going on a mission seemed fun... where it is almost service 24/7.  Then of course prophets saying, it is the best thing that a young man can do helped out too.  I just added that in, someone asked me to share
Well this week was great we had a lot of fun and I had one of the most intense lessons of the mission.  It was with this man named Larry Nelson.  He is an excommunicated member of the church and  has the desire to return to church again.  The one desire that he is lacking or struggling with is change.  Well with anyone who has a testimony knows that you need a desire of both.  The doctrine of 
Christ is what runs Christ's church and woven into it is change.  And we have the Right, to desire whatever we want, "God … granteth unto men according to their desire, whether it be unto death or unto life” (Alma 29:4)… 

Well the lesson lets just say got to the point that he started feeling uncomfortable (aka the spirit working in him)  He told us that we weren't helping him and that we were putting to much on him.  Well sorry do you want us to dumb down God's laws? We can't do that! But we can tell you what they are, and invite you to live them! And testify of the blessings of obeying them! 

We then told him, "We aren't telling you to obey these commandments God is!" Well after we said that I think a spiritual atomic bomb went off.  We found the statement that he needed to hear thanks to The Spirit!  We then witnessed the loudest spiritual silence ever.. haha it was great! I don't know what he is going to end up doing, but I do know that he knows what to do!
The Hoffmans are doing great!  Mabel their 6 year old daughter was able to convince Sis Hoffman's mom and dad to go to church!!! It was crazy.  I guess Mabel just called her up and asked if she would go to church on Sunday and she said yes!!  Sister hoffman said the only time that she had seen her mom go to church was when they were giving out free food! Sister Hoffman said that she been through alot... meth, alcohol and boyfriends.  But for some reason a 6 year old was able to start up a conversion!  But they were fellowshipped really well and are planning on coming next week!! and of course brother Fishburn knew them haha!
Well there were a lot of other things that happened but.... time is terrible it just goes too fast!  
Good luck y'all.
Love,
ELDER FINLINSON 



No comments:

Post a Comment