Monday, July 28, 2014

June 20, 2014 Week 54

Ok wow!  
Well we got transfer doctrine and me and Elder Taggart are staying!!! 
This will be my 5th transfer in the great Purcell!!!!!!! 
I will probably say that after this transfer I will be ready for a change but I am loving this area still!  So I will be here until September! 

But we started off the new transfer with the baptism of the Hoffman family!! It was great!  
It is amazing to think that we were about to drop them in April!! 
Well good thing that didn't happen!  

I am curious to see who we are going to baptize next!  
I am thinking it is going to be the Hoffman kids! 
They have 3 kids that could be baptized they just were not quite ready!  
Brother Hoffman wanted to make sure that his kids made the decision on their own and didn't feel any pressure. 
So we gave the list of baptismal questions to Brother Hoffman and told him to interview his kids!  It is going to be interesting to see how it went! 

We are really excited to take them out on lessons.  They know a ton of people in Purcell so we are going to get some serious work done with them.  
The ward did amazing in supporting them at the baptism!  They said that they didn't want a whole bunch of people... so we invited the whole ward haha.  
I think in the long run they really appreciated all that attended!  
I had a little pre-baptism scare when they pulled into the church parking lot on saturday I saw what looked like a puff of smoke on the passenger side of the car
I thought well what do we do?!! They can't just puff on a cigarette and hour before the baptism!!! 
Well then I saw that it was just the spray from that air freshener stuff!....ahhhhhhhhh 
But the service went very well Brother Komers did the baptism and on Sunday Brother Burn did the confirmation.  
It was great to have members of the ward do the actual ordinances! 
They now have a good friendship with both of them and they won't be leaving in 2 months!! Elder Meservy was able to go too!  

We had exchanges this week and for our dinner we had Icelandic food!  It was good! The member that gave it to us served in Iceland and wanted to give us a little of what he ate!  So we had fish balls and then crepes for desert!  

We also had a dinner with the Cabrera family and they cooked up some really good carne!!!! ahhh talking in spanish por fin!!!  I will finish later!


No comments:

Post a Comment