Monday, October 27, 2014

October 20, 2014 Week 67

Wow what a week!! 
I went to the airport! It was weird to go to that place! I had some memories of my first day in OK!! 
I thought " this is where it starts and this is where it ends!" 
But I was able to pick up Elder Barrett and it was great to see him again! 
We have had an awesome time just in these few days! 
We are going to tear it up here in the WICHITA FALLS!!

We taught about 5 lessons so far to investigators in the 6 or 7 hours we have had to go out, we have had meetings, stake conference, driving places, etc. 

We taught a lady this week, and her less active husband she is investigating, and we taught her about word of wisdom and tithing and it went well, and we asked her for a ride to stake conference an hour a way and they said yes, I guess the night before she had 3 hours of sleep and she tried to think of every excuse not to go on Sunday but she knew she was taking us so she kept her promise and took us.  The speakers there really touched her and she felt the spirit in their words.  She said after Stake Conference a lot of her concerns were gone.  So I think she is close she just has to give up coffee which she said she has given up for lent a few times, even though she doesn't follow that religion she did it any way....

This week our go to verses are in Alma 37:6-7  

Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise.
 And the Lord God doth work by means to bring about his great and eternal purposes; and by very small means the Lord doth confound the wise and bringeth about the salvation of many souls.

We have been sharing this with the members.  I think many times we try to bring to pass great things not realizing it is by the small things that we can get to those great things.  It is like trying to score a touchdown without having any plays!  I think that the Doctrine of Christ runs right along with verse 7, it is so simple, but impossible to deny!

Sorry for the short letter! But I still love ya'll
ELDER FINLINSON

No comments:

Post a Comment