Friday, December 12, 2014

December 1, 2014 Week 73

"Rabbit!" December

IT was kinda funny you asked if I was the rabbit of the trio because I am! I think that was the first time on my mission I said anything about Rabbit!  Who is the rabbit of Utah? 
(we have a tradition in our home of saying rabbit the first day of the month, the person who says rabbit first is the queen or king rabbit of the month--it was a tradition I picked up from Sister Laura Wilson Doud, companion in Hawaii)

Well this week has been great! The weather is not what I am used to. It is like we should be listening to Christmas music but it is 80 degrees outside! 
Luckily it cooled down today and it feels a little more like December! 

Thanksgiving was great.  We started off with the classic turkey bowl! It has been a year since I have played football like that.  We are all still recovering from it!  
I would say that my team won.  We set up an unstoppable zone defense and started tearing up the other team.  
I have to be honest I can't wait until this football season is over.  It is always hard going to restaurants and seeing football...

I am sure that you have heard of the "HE is the Gift" initiative that the church is putting out!  It is awesome!  
We had a training on it the other day and I thought that it sounded a little weak but boy was I wrong! 
It has been the easiest way to share the gospel on my mission! 
SO DISCOVER THE GIFT--EMBRACE THE GIFT-- SHARE THE GIFT! 

One example.  We had a ton of miles left over for this past month so we decided to go to Iowa Park--a small town north west of Wichita falls.  
Well there is one active family that lives in Iowa Park. We decided to go visit them and we shared The Gift with them by watching the little 2 minute video.  
They expressed how they really wanted to find someone else in Iowa Park.  
Well we told them to pray and we would go out for the last hour of the night and see if we could find someone.  
It ended up we found a less active family that hasn't been to church in a long time.  
We told them about what we were doing with the other family.  They wanted to meet them.  
They committed to go to church.  It was sweet! WE also shared The Gift with them. 
SO SHARE THAT GIFT

In my studies this week something that stood out to me is 2 Nephi 29:8 "Wherefore murmur ye, because that ye shall receive more of my word?..."

Now this is a classic one that we use a lot in talking about the Book of Mormon, which is good because that is what it is talking about. 
But it made me think "what is 'the word'"?  
As I thought about it.. it made me think of all the truth we have been given, specifically through modern day prophets. 
I am so thankful to have modern day prophets that lead us and guild us. 
If we were to find missing parts of the bible that would be cool...but I wouldn't exchange it for having a modern day prophet. 
A living prophet is greater then a dead prophet!..though it would be cool to chill with Abraham--oh well I guess that is what the spirit world is for.

THANKS FOR EVERYTHING HAVE A GREAT DAY

ELDER FINLINSON

No comments:

Post a Comment