Monday, January 5, 2015

January 5, 2014 Week 78

Happy New Year!
Wow 2014 is gone!

That is some crazy news to start it off! Congratulations! I am excited to have a nephew!  

Sorry if it looked like I wasn't happy to hear the news you were having a kid on the Christmas call.  
I really am happy and happy for y'all. I guess I will just see a lot of change when I get home.  
But that is good! Hopefully I have changed a little bit too. 
That is really what I have been thinking about with the coming of a new year is change! 

I looked back the other day on all of the things that I did wrong and right this past year and tried to make some good goals.  But is is important to not 'look back' again.  One of the classic bible stories for the new year is the story of Lot's wife. I would challenge all of you to reread this story and liken it to your life.  We have been sharing the Mormon message, "look not behind thee" with a few of our members.

It has been a testimony builder for me to hear all of the trials the members have gone through here.  Something that came to me is not only should we not look back at past things in our lives but also to not look back in others lives. period. period. Too many of our less active have been offended by some stupid comment about something in the past.  As Elder Holland said, "we don't need to open healing or even healed wounds!"
We have had an awesome week! One of the highlights was easily at church yesterday! 
Monica one of our recent converts taught the sunbeams! She loved it! 
Also, THE ARREDANDOS! hijole! they are going to to be reactivated in a due season! 
Bro Arredando went to church yesterday breaking his 5 year drought... they are one of those LAs that you love em, but they can "push the envelope"--as Sister Carlson would say! 

But they are a family of five and he is probably in his 40's.  But he shared his testimony yesterday and it was awesome.  HE shared how thankful he was for Elder Rodriguez and I in being persistent in our visits! He shared how we didn't see them last week and he and his wife were starting to wonder if we forgot about them... well the next day we saw them! He said how this was a testimony builder for him that he needed to get back to church! 

We had dinner with them yesterday and taught them the plan of salvation (we are starting to teach their 9 year old daughter). I am telling you I was happier to see that man go to church then any investigator.  Seeing someone who has made all of the saving ordinances that you can make in this life---forget about them-- then come back and strive to re-establish them, Brings me the greatest joy! 
REMEMBER--
BLACK SHEEP WILL BECOME LOST SHEEP AND 
TOO OFTEN WE TREAT OUR LOST SHEEP AS BLACK SHEEP
SO LET US
KNOW THEM SHEEP!
HELP THEM SHEEP! 
PROTECT THEM SHEEP!!
LOVE Y'ALL
FROM THE OKIEST PART OF TEXAS
ELDER FINLINSON

No comments:

Post a Comment