Sunday, March 15, 2015

March 2, 2015 Week 87

WINTER IN THE MWC

Hola Family!
What a great week! 
It feels like winter finally came this week--I guess its about time. 
It was a little colder and disappointing that we couldn't have church (it got cancelled because of ice...kinda pathetic if you ask me) but it was a good week nonetheless. 

Elder Hoffman and I are seeing many miracles here in Midwest city. 
I believe we both had some of our most spiritual days of our missions the other day. 
We were meeting with an investigating family, the Websters. Our bishop and his daughter were with us for the meeting.
We helped them with some questions that they had (their first time going to church was our ward conference). 
Bro. Webster, who currently attends life church.tv with his family, addressed how he felt that there were good churches better churches and best churches. 
HE shared how it was easy for him to see that there was a different level of commitment in our church and he shared how he is 'on the path to find the truth'. 
Well we don't let investigators say "on the path" and not direct them to 2 Nephi 31! We read the whole chapter with them and committed them to be baptized on the 28th of march. 
You could see that they were all ready but wanted a confirmation through prayer. 
So this Thursday (we have dinner with them!!) we are going to follow up and see what they have come up with! So, the area is doing great!

Also David and Amber - another awesome family.  They are crazy they have such strong testimonies in the gospel! 
Let's just say that David has used about every drug out there and stopped using all of them for good last week and are planning on being baptized on the 28th of March!

I was able to use some of my Spanish.  I went on an exchange in a Spanish area! It is amazing how the gift of tongues is still working! 
I even understood a member who got pretty deep in the doctrine referencing one of Hugh B Nibley's books, "Theories of Kolob"! haha that was great and it made me think of all of the fun that I had in those Spanish branches.

Well I hope y'all had and have a great week!
Love ya,
E.FINLINSON

No comments:

Post a Comment