Sunday, March 29, 2015

March 23, 2015 Week 89

I guess 93 days to go...thanks mom‏

Well thanks for letting me know all of the trunky business! ehhh oh well I guess it happen eventually.. 
This is going to be pretty brief.  
Our zone challenged the OKC south zone to some Ultimate Frisbee today and there has been a lot of trash talking going around.  
But this week has been awesome we have seen a ton of miracles here, and the weather has been great!

One cool story for the week! So I got a call and got the news that Demitri Hoffman was going to be baptized! 
If you don't remember the Hoffman's are some recent converts of about 9 months ago.. 
the parents got baptized with Elder Taggart and I and then 2 other kids have been baptized the past 2 months.  
It was so great to see him finally make the decision to be baptized.  
When we taught the parents the kids listened but didn't really want to be baptized.  
I am sure that the example of the parents played a huge role in them getting baptized.  
Now 2 out of their 3 kids have been baptized Marshal (12) and Demetri (18).  
Avery (15) would be known as the more rebellious one. 
After the baptismal ordinance I was able to talk to Avery the whole time they were changing  and get a one-on-one and catch up on his life. 
I asked him when he was going to be baptized and he said that he really wanted to but he feels like he is going to mess up right after he gets baptized! 
It was really cool, I was able to testify to him about the doctrine of Christ.  
I invited him to pray about it that night and he said that he would. I then told him that he was going to be a great missionary haha (got to find your replacements)

Midwest City is doing great. It has completely blown up! both our companionship and the other companionship. 
I know it is because we are following the vision of the bishop combined with the vision of our mission president. 
As I prepare for general conference I am going to make myself vulnerable to the vision of the prophets and then apply their counsel. 
In short follow the counsel of your leaders and you'll find yourself following Christ. Because Christ put those leaders there.

Love y'all

ELDER FINLINSON 


Hoffman Family
  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment