Tuesday, September 3, 2013

September 3, 2013 -- Week 8

Thanks I am great... that is my response to all of you worries in the first paragraph... did you get my birthday card??

Well...this..week..was CRAZY we had some really cool experiences and some kinda sad ones...

I will start with the good, so last Friday we were going to go visit one of our potentials and there wasn't a lot of hope for them, it was a contact that happened a really long time ago.  So we didn't really know.  We called them up and they said that we could come over and they were really excited to see us...it was kinda a shock.   So that night we went over there, and can I just call them PERFECT INVESTIGATORS.  We started the first lesson and we talked about families,  they are a really strong family and they do everything together, it is a family of 6, 5 of them are over 8..  we continued with the lesson we talked about Jesucristo and Jose Smith.. they were like ok this is cool and they were taking everything really well, then we talked about the Libro de Mormon, and this is where it gets crazyyyy.  We talked about how it is another testament of Jesucristo and how it took place in South America.  It turns out that their family is Aztec and they believe in a white god named, chizucana?-- They then said that they know that this is Jesucristo,  and they wanted to know where in the Book of Mormon it talked about Him.  We showed them and challenged them to read it..  I then asked if they wanted to be baptized and they said  yes.  Because they knew that the book of Mormon is true, it was a crazy experience and we are going to talk with the family today.

Now for the sad part...  so I went to the branch for the first time because my first week was Stake Conf.  So we went to the branch,  and that is where this area is struggling, a lot.  There just isn't alot of strength,  we have 2 dinners this week which is pretty bad i guess... but that isn't the main problem.  members won't go out and teach with us.  Having members is really important because it is their root to keep on going to church.  There is  a lot of work to do in the branch.

The second sad thing is we found this 85 year old investigator who really liked us to come over and had a pretty good feeling that our church was true,  so he shared the good news with his daughter, and it went down hill from there.   His daughter said I guess a lot of bad stuff about our church and said that if he joined the church then she would remove herself from the family.  So we talked to him the day after because we had an apointment and he told us all of the bad stuff that his daughter said,  I guess the positive part of it was that he still liked us and wants us to come back but we can't because his family is more important.  But he told us to leave a Book of Mormon and that he would read it.  It was just sad because we knew that he felt the spirt and he knew it too,  but because of his family he cant progress.  Oh well he will get baptized in spirit paradise!

But yeah it was pretty much a good week this week..  there was a lot of good and a lot of miracles.  We haven't been able to talk with Nancy because her husband is gone most of the time, but we are going to go and try to see her again today.  Thanks for the box of ties I have gotten complements from all of the hermanas haha.  My comp was like those are so ugly....  and i didn't say anything because I knew what was going to happen,  I think that he is getting sick of me getting complements on my ties.  Ahhah they were  some sick ties the DI is the best I am wearing the skiing one right now...  but I like the all white one but I hae no clue when I am going to wear it... but yah whenever you see some cool ties grab um.  Thanks for the zucchini cake but yeah grandma was right there wasn't enough.  My comp was mad that there weren't two---but I would have eaten them both anyways--- as for the spice kit i finalsy took it out this week and I think the baking powder exploded.  Glad the wedding went well and your birthday... I did send you a card I swear.  
But if uou didn't get it I will send you another one.  (GOT IT TODAY!!)  Eli and Joel keep on tearing it up in football work hard at practices even when the rest of the team isn't.  They may get mad at you but in the long run they will respect you and follow you---you will also win more games--- good to hear that Brighton pulled out a W for the first game keep on sending me updates.

well one more week down
weird to think it has already been 2 months --about--

Elder Finlinson



No comments:

Post a Comment