Tuesday, August 27, 2013

First Area--Northeast Oklahoma City--Highway 66 August 26, 2013 Week 7


Hola my familia,

Oklahoma is awesome, I have  been having a ton of fun already.  I am serving in the OKC north-- central area.  It is really nice, we have a Spanish branch so my whole district goes to that.  Everyone in my district are Spanish missionaries.  My apartment is way nice compared to the living in Mexico.  It has been a ton of fun to be in the Spanish culture here in Oklahoma.  As your neighbor said there are a ton of Spanish people here, it was definitely a shock for me.  My companion is Elder Pugmire,  he is from west Jordan Utah.  He has been out 15 months.  He has been a really good trainer for me so far...  I have yet to get some really good American food, because the branch is in charge of feeding us every night, and since we are in a Spanish branch we get Mexican food.  The other fun thing is every night our district eats dinner at the same place because there aren't enough people to cook the food.
If you look at a map of Oklahoma city and then find rout 66 that is where I live.  It is pretty fun we live right on route 66 and cross it every day on our bikes...   (we do not have Ethan's address, but map below marks route 66 in OKC.)
I have already had a ton of spiritual experiences so far.  But I will just share one.  So there is a sister Laura de la Cruz who has been taught for quite some time but I guess has never really felt anything.  We went in talking about the restoration, once we got to Prophets my companion was like would you like to talk about prophets.  I was really scared but I knew that it was ok.  I asked her what she knew about prophets and what were the purpose of prophets.  She didn't really know, once she figured it out, I told her that there are prophets that guide us today.  I then shared how Grampa Quilter was blessed by Thomos S. Monson.  And i think that she about started crying.  After that there was a pause and she said that she knew that prophets are real and that they are here today.  She is in a really hard situation though, she is married to a spouse that doesn't like religion, and she has 3 little kids.  It has just been crazy for me to see all of these problems in real life, not fake like at the MTC.
I have a ton of other experiences but I will share them in letters.  But so far for the most part I have had an awesome time here in OKC.  The people here are so nice, it definitely isn't hard to get into a house, what is hard is getting them to go to church and make the life change... One more story... our district had correlation with our ward mission leader,  we all went to his house and he wasn't there.  We called him and he said that he was down south, so we decided to go and get lunch somewhere, we decided to go to this one Mexican place and get some really good food,  the thing of it is, we didn't have to pay for our food.  When we got to the restaurant we found our WML (ward mission leader) there.... hahahaha it was way funny.  He then payed for our food...out of guilt probably.
Braums (ice cream/dairy?) is great...homemade Mexican food is amazing...it is just flat out awesome here... o yeah my president is just shy of 7 ft.  he played for BYU basketball team... surracha is good on everything... and i have not opened up my spice cupboard yet...there isn't a ton of room.  But thanks.  I am going to go buy a blanket and pillow today.
te amo elder fin





No comments:

Post a Comment