Sunday, September 28, 2014

September 21, 2014 Week 63

Well what a week! That is awesome that everyone is doing great! I am really getting trunky for those pizzas they sound really good!  Bethany you are crazy...(Bethany and Chase went skydiving) 

Man Texas is great! at least for the missionary work.  We had a good week this week!  Somehow the trio is still in tact!  It is annoying we get called a threesome all of the time! IT IS A TRIO!  ehh we had a good week though! 

So last Monday night we started it off right having 2 lessons at the church!  One was with this college student that we met the week before at MSU(we email there) he stopped us and said that he went on a 'mission to salt lake city'... what really happened is that he went on one of those save the Mormon campaigns by the baptist church haha! but we made an appointment to visit with him! so we had our lesson in the chapel, Bro Johnson was there with us he is a young married adult.  Well luckily he allowed us to go through the whole restoration lesson.  

We are still working on our teaching in unity... both of my comps have been out for less then 6 months.  One of them just went straight through God is our Loving Heavenly Father to the Great Apostasy in 2 minutes!...ummm we are having a Lesson not a street contact!  haha luckily we were able to cover it as though it had been a 'summary' of what we were going to teach him! well we taught him the restoration and it went ok.  

We committed him to read The Book of Mormon and he said he would!... well now it was his turn! I honestly felt bad for him. He tried to bash with us! It was pathetic he pulled out a paper that had a list of scriptures on it.  He started to read through the list, Of course starting with how god is all powerful, then how we have one God and to end it off the Trinity! yeahhh my favorite! haha so he started off reading scriptures and he probably read 6 in a row and we asked if he would like help reading... he said sure so he was giving us the versus and we would find them in the Bible before he would (we said it was the tabs, to make him feel good).  But after that lesson I really saw the need of testimony in teaching!  He knew it too. His confidence in the Trinity was about as strong as Logan. I learned a ton on how to teach after that lesson!--he just said hi to us haha. I should of showed him this!

We probably had the fastest set of investigators ever this week. We had 8 new investigators and in less then 24 hours 6 of them were dropped!  We had what we thought a great lesson with a potential investigators and because of it 6 new investigators. Boy were we wrong! some how we forgot to bring Book of Mormons to the lesson. Luckily the member that we were with had one and said that they could have it (I know we probably look like the worst missionaries ever). But we told them that we would come back the next day and give them a Book of Mormon.  They sounded excited and all of the kids loved the lesson.  Then the oldest kid who is probably 17 and has some learning disabilities gave the closing prayer.  I don't know if I had heard such a heartfelt prayer on my mission!  Well, 20 hours later we were walking from their house never to see them again.  We went up to their door with 3 BOM's we knocked, the wife "SISTER BAILEY" answered the door and gave us our members BOM and said, "I wont be needing those" pointing to the book of Mormon.  She then shared how she "talked to her church" and how her and her family will not have anything to do with our church.  I asked if we offended her in any way she said, "no, you didn't offend me... you just pissed me off!"...haha what the flip! Now you know what we deal with haha it makes no sense.  

I guess she didn't like the commitment to read the Book of Mormon.  Well my comps didn't really say anything but I talked to her for about 15 minutes just trying to testify as much as I could... she told me not to get down on myself and asked if I was sad...uhhh yeah! you just denied the thing that will bring you eternal happiness! I testified that she did feel the spirit the night before because I know she did and that the spirit will be witnessed with truth! we then left! 
It made me happy that I was sad at the sight of someone rejecting the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  For most of my mission I felt mad or angry at rejection but now it has turned to sorrow for the people that make that choice.  It is this sorrow that keeps me going through the day. Anger brings self pity, and if you pity yourself pitying for others is impossible (missionary work is hard!) 

scripture of the week
ROMANS 1: 16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Don't ever be ashamed of the Gospel of Christ. 
If you are, find out why and fix it! What could be more important then returning to our heavenly father and becoming like him?

THANKS Y'ALL! LOVE YAH AND HAVE A GREAT WEEK!
ELDER FINLINSON

--sorry i dont have any pictures worth sending

No comments:

Post a Comment