Monday, October 21, 2013

October 21 2013, Week 15

Man I don't even know the week I am on any more...  it is all just one giant blur.  That is awesome it looks like you all have had a fun week .... Tell Grandma and Grandpa thank you so much for all of the stuff in the packages... those pumpkin almonds are amazing they taste so good.. me and Elder Pug have determined that that is the trunkiest candy you can buy...it just tastes like holidays.  

With the question about apple products I think that were are going to get ipads by the end of this year but I am not sure to be exact.  That is awesome that you are seeing the miracles of missionary work in the neighborhood.  Tell kip to keep it going I totally felt like I was in prison a couple of times (tell him to find the taco dealer)... thanks for all of the stuff you sent I got the fenders, suit and the bag... thanks.  The weather got wayyyy cold this week especially on a bike.  All of my clothes work good except the gloves I need something a little stronger and waterproof.  You should just send my ski ones they are good... the only thing that I think I need is one of those recorders that the boys use for piano...writing in a journal is too hard... we are too tired and we go to bed right when we can.  Sorry to everyone... writing letters is so hard for me to do... we can only write them on p-days and we don't have a lot of time on p days...

OK well this week
ummm
This is a hard week to remember not a lot happened...but at the same time a lot happened?  We have really been focusing on the De Leon family they have been showing a lot of interest in the discussions and they are all ready to be baptized.. their date it set for December 7th- and it will probably take that much time for anything to happen... the Dad is less active and hasn't been to church for a long time because he works, but we told him last night that his sons were ready...this kinda scared him I think.  I don't think that he was expecting them to like the lessons.  But they really love it and they are ready to be baptized right now!  He then said that he was going to take off Sundays and prepare to baptize them.. he said that it has always been his dream to baptize his kids,  we told him that his dream is really close and is ready-- now he just needs to act!...  We took a member to our lesson with them,  Octavio-- he was baptized 3 months ago and has an amazing conversion story... members are the best!  In my opinion mom you have one of the most important callings in the church... without a fellow shipper people don't want to go to church and if they don't go to church they wont be baptized. 

sooo the cow head (see photos below)
This has been something that our ward mission leader had been talking about a lot,  and he finally gave it to us!!!!  The whole cow head minus the brain---because of mad cow disease!  But we ate it all eyelid-eye-tongue(my fav)-cheek... yeah all of that fun stuff--- and you know it wasn't even that bad,  I have to admit the the eye was not good and we did run into some crunchy pieces that you just eat anyways... I did eat one of the optical stems and a cornea- and all of the jelly inside....tasty! and of course you just throw it in a tortilla and then eat -- it is perfect!  But that was a fun experience for Halloween- that i never want to try again.  

This week at church we had 10 less actives and it was the primary program.  It was awesome to see all of the Hispanic kids singing Spanish primary songs... I love SPANISH... I was reading in the 1st Corinthians today and it was talking about all of the gifts of the spirit I would really recommend it there are a lot of cool blessings promised in PAUL'S letters I think that he is my favorite.   

Buuuuuttttt have an awesome week!  Happy Halloween 
love ya'll
see ya latter
ELDER FINLINSON THE 4th




 Elder Pugmire was pooped on....
 OKC Sky...
 Oklahoma getting colder...


 Thanks for the Package Grandma and Grandpa!
Way to go Brighton!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Elder Finlinson, That is a great letter. I'll make sure Eduardo reads it too. Quite a story about the Cows Head...Eddie would love it too. Congratulations with the De Leon Family getting ready to be baptized in December. You and your family will be blessed for all you efforts and work you are doing on your mission. Eduardo misses you. May God bless you with good health and safety and enjoy your mission every day. Ray Almond

    ReplyDelete