Tuesday, October 1, 2013

September 30, 2013 Week 12


Hello family......TRANSFERS!

I am staying here in the city and I am very happy about that because I am getting a hang of the people and I love the people here.  Yep me and Elder Pugs are going to tear it up next transfer...  so guess who my new zone leader is going to be.??  Elder Powley I guess I will get to kinda serve with him.  I guess he has already served her before but he is coming back and he is speaking English.  In our district Elder Chapman is going to die and Herman Robinson is going to some small city in the south speaking English.  I am very excited Elder Pierce our district leader is going to be a trainer and the guy I met at the temple is coming out so I guess we will see if he gets put in my district. But enough with POLITICS..this week

This week was a ton of fun and very spiritual... to start off the De LEOns, they are a part member family, the dad is a member and the 3 boys from California aren't(but not for long).  The only difficult thing with them was that one of them was atheist and the mother and the dad just barely split up and they still both go to the same ward but they live in different houses.  I know confusing.  O yeah the dad is less active too.  But we went over there this week and we talked to the oldest boy who is 22 years old we had a really good lesson about the book of Mormon and we asked him if he had any questions and he said no.  It seemed like he didn't really care and that he just doesn't care for the religion and why we need it?  So we talked more and then he interrupted us and said "Do you even care about me or are you just trying to get a baptism?"  YES he asked a question.  We then told him how we were converted and how we want everyone to have this experience and that the point of this life is to return to our Heavenly Father and to be exalted. BOOOOM he just said "o".BANG BOOOM.  SPIRIT I then told him that I loved him.  It was very weird it was definitely a spiritual I love you and it went straight  from heart to heart...  We then asked him to pray and he first said no and then we said "the worst that could happen is that you talk to the air".  He then prayed and he prayed amazingly.  After the prayer he started rubbing his arms..BOOOOM YOU JUST FELT THE SPIRIT!!! so we were teaching an atheist.

The next cool thing that was definitely the spirit. ...so we were going over to see a potential and we were talking to her and we set up an appointment with her but when we left we saw a huge garage sale run by Mexicans..  I really felt that we should go over there so we did.  We ended up talking there for 1 and half hours it was really cool.  His name was Jose and he is Evangelical, he belived in preatty much every thing that we did except that he thought that no on should be allowed to pierce their ears and that it is still to young for eight year olds to be baptized.  I am very excited to see what is going to happen with him.

There are a lot more stories but I don't have enough time!!!!

The other elders in our district had a baptism very cool.  We had 2 dinners last night and they were both totally different!  We had amazing fajitas in the first one with a member.  Then after that we went to our investigator THE ORDAZ it was Melisa's 6 year old birthday.  It was crazy there we so many people there it was perfect tracting area, except that half of them were drunk but we had some amazing food!!!!! see fotos!!! 




Grilling with the Brother Ordaz- used for homemade salsa



Well I am doing good here, check out my new bike... we guilt tripped our investigating kids and didn't visit them for a week and they amazingly found it (the lights that were missing from his bike last week--know he has double lights since I sent him more...)  YAHHH..  I probably will need a jacket for the winter and scarf--I guess they wear them here-- gloves.. as far as the carry on goes i don't know??  I could be here in the city for a really long time but I don't know, there is no way I could take all of my stuff with me.

you can decide:)

Love elder finlinson
  
  District

  

  








  
Elder Pugmire and Elder Fin frying up Okra given to them by a man on the street.





Spanish Elders and Sisters













Below: Elder Chapman dying...I guess this is the exit ritual of an Elder going home?













Thanks for all of your support for Elder Fin 

Email:
ethan.finlinson@myldsmail.net

No comments:

Post a Comment