Tuesday, October 1, 2013

September 23, 2013, Week 11 Part 2

Hola! familia como esta?  I guess this will be my weekly review since I didn't really write anything in my email and I am happy I didn't because we had a crazy night tonight.  So after a beautiful dinner we prepared in our apartment we were about to go out and work.  But right before Hma Alba called us and asked if we could go to a Noche de Hogar with her at her house. YES! she was going to invite a friend of hers.  We were very excited for this because we have been praying for new investigators.  So we go over there and of course there is food, tomalies, some tres leche con arroz, it was very good.  But anyways we started up teaching or listing.  Hermana Lopez was teaching about fe (faith).  Well, I guess she invited a couple more people, we were all sitting in and then onoe of our less active family walks in...then the Ordaz family walks in, EVERY ONE WE WERE GOING TO SEE THAT NIGHT SHOWED UP TO THE NOCHE DE HOGAR AND WE DIDN'T EVEN KNOW!!  IT WAS CRAZY!!!  We had a really good lesson/discussion so tonight we had 8 investigators, a less active family...our branch mission leader...and the Gospel Doctrine teacher.  That is what I called STACKED.  It was a very cool experience.

Here is some cool stuff that I studied this week:

"Sharing our thoughts and desires with God should become as natural as breathing and eating."
--Bishop Dean M. Davies

"Agency allows for all of the pains and suffering we experienced in mortality.  Even when caused by things we don't understand and devastating evil choices of others.  In the war in heaven we fought for this agency for ourselves and others.  Agency is essential to understanding the Savior's earthly ministry."
--Quentin L. Cook

"Belief is always the first step towards conviction"

I have really been reading the conference Ensign you gave me.  It is awesome.  I am pretty much making my own scriptures by reading it.  Thanks for all of the support, prayers and love you all have given me.  I have definitely felt it and I am very grateful for it.  And I am looking forward to receiving even more of it..ha ha.  I know this is where I am supposed to be and I wouldn't want to be any where else in the whole entire world than right here in OKLAHOMA!  Love Y'all Mucho.  Please tell every one...O MY JUST FORGOT AHHHHHH CRAP I SENT DAD HIS B-DAY CARD A MONTH EARLY....AHHHH MISSION LIFE IS KILLING ME, ELDER FORGETS-A-LOT OF STUFF

O well i was just a month early.

Dang. tell Ryan to email me so I can write him on his mission, because there are a million Ryan Johnsons in the world!!

Elder Finlinson Address:
ethan.finlinson@mylds.net

Blog: ethanfinlinson@blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment