Tuesday, October 29, 2013

October 28, 2013 Week 16


I had an awesome week this week.  We had zone conference and President Walkenhorst had a lot of good words to share with the missionaries here!  

(In answer to, "How are you doing?")
I am doing great now that I have 20 pounds of granola...  it was pretty funny we were just doing our studies and then we heard UPS pull up and Elder Pugmire said, " I swear it, that is for you"  Then we heard a knock knock.... Booom just got a package!  1 day air shipping on a box of trailmix....  then 30 minutes later Fedex pulled up... knock knock.  Me and Elder Pugmire just starred at each other.... I just started laughing, it was so funny I then got like 5 bags of granola and 2 memory cards and gloves... it was pretty intense... It looks like you have found the grocery store on amazon!  The funny thing is that they are all 2 day shipping.  2 day shipping on a box of trail mix is pretty funny.  

(In answer to, "How is the Branch and the De Leons?")
The Branch is going up and down it is so wierd, it changes every week... I guess a lot of people are trying to work right now-- over-time -- to  get a good stash of money for the winter.  I guess we will see though.  The DeLeons are struggling they are having a really rough time trying to believe in the things and worst of all they don't have the support from their dad.  But the dad wants to baptize his kids... well he can't do that unless he is active!!  ahhh missionary problems you have to love them.  

But this Saturday we had a day of finding!  We were able to find 5 new families and one of them was really cool... well they were all really cool.  But for this one we were just riding our bikes down a road and I told Elder Pugmire we should go knock on this door.  There really weren't a lot of signs that it was a hispanic house but we went anyway..  So we knocked, and well they are hispanic ,and they were really interested in the church and they told us to come back next saturday at the same time because the father drives up to Kansas every week to go work, and he is only home on the week ends.  But we were able to share a prayer with them and it was very cool to see.. And then it happened 4 other times.   

I dont have much time to write, we went to the public library today. ahhhhh 8 minutes left....well that is crazy that Ryan is about to be born into his mission!  and yah I know Chandler Webb we had quite a few classes together and we knew each other pretty good, that is way sad he will definitely be in my prayers.  Tell Eli and Joel to start preparing for next season even though it seems like it is far away!!!  and tell them I am proud of them...THE BRIGHTON LEGACY CONTINUES!!!  that will be my mission present -- to see them playing when I get home!!!  

(In answer to, "How is the biking?" --funny thing Ethan rarely rode a bike pre-mission)
I love bike riding it is a good way to burn the frustration that comes from missionary life and the work is more deserving.. my bike is doing really good I did have some bike problems though,  but I took it to the bike shop and they fixed it up and I got a flat tire this week too at 9:30 the Sisters weren't that happy to come and pick us up...but what can you do... I am really happy that I bought a 29er size I can  get going a lot faster then on a 26er... but we will see how much I like bikes during the winter that is going to be fun!! and ice storms.. but right now the weather is really nice and it is pretty fun.  

That is awesome to hear about Nic and the Kip, and that the ward missionary work is going good!  It is awesome to hear that Bethany is still single,  and I guess she is a instapro right now?  That is pretty cool.  I told one of the youth going on a mission to follow me haha got to love insta!  I kinda wish that you could snapchat on a mission-:} OH well... I saw the new apple layout on the iphone it is sickkk we should be getting ipads one of these days here but I don't  know I guess all I can do is have faith.. 

(Response to the photos sent)
Those pictures are awesome pretty much everything that I love about utah--BLACK BEAR-ALTA-grampas chair-grandmas ice cream cake...I have no clue what joel is doing? (Joel was smiling with a cucumber slice covering his teeth)-football...man I miss mountains there is a little hill that we ride up every day and it is on UTAH SREET....and it makes me trunky!!  

Have and awesome week y'all 
Much love from flat OKC, OK
~elder finlinson~
Flat Tire

More pant repairs...
Good thing for Missionary Mall Warranty

No comments:

Post a Comment